Update: 05/01/2018 1:03 pm #KaufmanFire Personnel checked containment lines and found all lines secure and holding. Mop up and monitoring continues.
Update: 04/30/2018 3:09 pm #KaufmanFire
All lines have held, no change in acreage. Mop up continues. Currently assigned Mountain Zone Engine 22, Salmon Challis 622, Juniper Valley Buena Vista. With the warm and windy forecast resources will remain on scene during the day. Fire is currently contained.
Update: 6:00 pm
Firefighters will work on the fire late into the night and will be back on scene early morning. Crews are currently strengthening the fire line and moping up the interior.
Update: 5:15 pm
#Kaufmanfire contained at 4:34 pm Size 7.8 acres
Most county resources have been release except for the Water Tenders. Still have Forest Service engines and 20 person type II crew on scene. Aircraft is on hold at this time. Smoke is mostly coming from dead and down trees within the interior. Park County evacuations notice has been lifted.
Fire Activity 4/29/2018
- Time Reported: 11:28
- Kaufman Fire
- Location: Chaffee County, Salida RD, 2 miles South of Hwy 24 and Trout Creek Summit. On the border of Park County
- Jurisdiction: USFS
- Resources: USFS personnel and Engines, Park and Chaffee County Cooperator Engines, Buena Vista JV crew and two SEATS.
- Size: 7.8 Acres
- Containment: 100%
- Controlled: 5/4/2018 2:29 pm
- Threatened: structures NE of fire
- Closures: none
- Cause: human
- Fuels: Grass
- Hazards: Gusting winds, snags
Please note this map is an approximate location