4/23/2018 5:00 pm update:
Fire is 100% contained. Due to better mapping, the size has reduced to 8 acres.
4/18/2018 5:00 pm update:
Fire 50% contained at 1:30 PM. Currently three Forest Service Type 6 Engines and one Module on scene, along with Douglas County Resources.
4/18/2018 2:30 pm update:
Highway 67 is now open to all traffic. Motorists should use caution as fire personnel and equipment are still working near the highway.
4/18/2018 8:30 am update:
Highway 67 is closed to through traffic, except local residents and emergency personnel, 5 miles west of Sedalia at Oak Valley Road.
The closure is necessary due to the high volume of emergency equipment and personnel working in the area.
Fire held through the night and is still 11 acres in size.
Fire Activity 4/17/2018
updated at 1703
- Time Reported: 10:23
- Indian Creek Fire
- Location: Douglas County, South Platte RD, Hwy 67 and Rampart Road
- Jurisdiction: USFS
- Resources: USFS personnel and Engines, Douglas County Cooperator Engines, Dozier and Helicopter. At one time there were 100 firefighters on scene.
- Some resources are being released, fire will be staffed with a night shift and will be staffing again tomorrow. There is dozier line and a hose lay around the whole fire.
- Size: 8 Acres
- Containment: 100%
- Controlled: 4/23/2018
- Threatened: Structures
- Closures: County Pre evacuations have been lifted
- Cause: human: green tree blew over hitting power lines
- Fuels: Brush, Timber
- Hazards: Gusting winds,
- #IndianCreekFire also #Rampart67Fire