Update: 9:30 am
100% Containment achieved 5/24/18 at 8:51 pm final size is 1.25 ac
Update: 7:15 pm
Fire 90% contained, 1.6 Acres, all on private land. Type 1 helicopter released
One Type 1 and the Type 2 Helicopters resources have been cancelled. One Type 1 Helicopter remains working on the incident.
Fire Activity 4:15 pm
CR 300 Fire
- Time Reported: 3:14 pm
- Size: 1.25 acres
- Location: Lake County, Leadville Ranger District, 3 miles SW of Leadville, 3 miles S. of Turquoise Lake CO.
- Jurisdiction: Lake County threatening US Forest Service land
- Resources: Forest Service and multiple cooperative resources on site, Aviation resources ordered, One Type 1 Helicopter.
- Containment: 100%
- Structures Threatened: 10 Structures
- Cause: Under investigation
- Fuels: Grass