Fire Activity 7:00 am, 7/10
Little Fountain Fire
Fire was flown in the morning and no smoke was visible. The helicopter sat down, then firefighters waited for the day to heat up and then see if the fire becomes active and therefore visible. At 5:43 pm 7/9 two firefighters rappelled on to the fire and started suppression action.
- Time Reported: 8:25 pm; 7/8
- Size: .25 acre
- Location: El Paso County, Pikes Peak Ranger District, 5 miles SW, Colorado Springs CO. off Hwy 115
- Jurisdiction: USFS
- Resources: Forest Service module, 1 Type, 1 Type 2 helicopter with Rappelers.
- Containment:100 % @ 7:00 am 7/10
- Structures Threatened: N/A
- Cause: Lighting
- Fuels: Mixed Conifer
This map shows an approximate location of the Fire.