Update: Thursday 27, 4:30 pm
Containment is at 90% and the size remains 160 acres. The larger fuels producing smoke are expected to continue until they are fully consumed or when a weather event puts out the fire. The area will be open for recreation use starting tomorrow at 8:00 am. A USFS fire engine will be on scene patrolling.
Update: Thursday 27, 10:00 am
Two engines are spending the day improving the fire-line and patrolling the perimeter. Containment is at 75% and the size remains 160 acres. The larger fuels producing smoke are expected to continue until they are fully consumed or when a weather event puts out the fire.
Turkey Track 8 Fire
- Time Reported: 9/22/18 at 2:21 pm
- Size: 160 acres
- Location: Douglas County, 3 miles east of Westcreek, CO, 8 miles north of Woodland Park, CO.
- Jurisdiction: USFS, Pikes Peak Ranger District
- Resources: Forest Service type 2 crew and 3 engines.
- Containment: 90%
- Structures Threatened: within 1 mile
- Evacuation: N/A
- Closures: The shooting area will remain closed for firefighter safety
- Cause: Target Shooting
- Fuels: Ponderosa Pine, snags and grass
This map is an approximate location
Burning operations around noon on Sunday.
The helicopter dropping "ping pong balls" on the Turkey Track 8 Fire on Sunday.
Firefighters provided this image of them securing the line on Saturday evening. Photo Courtesy of Laura Aker.