Update: Thursday 20, 2:00 pm
At 11:57 am containment on the #LongHollowFire is at 100%. Firefighters are improving the fireline and working on hotspots.
Update: Wednesday 19, 6:00 pmAt 6:00 pm containment on the #LongHollowFire is at 80%. One type 2 crew is being released at the end of today's shift. There will be one 20 person type 2 IA crew still staffing the fire tomorrow.
Update: Wednesday 19, 10:45 amTwo 20 person fire crews are back on the #LongHollowfire working to gain containment and mopping up hot spots. Fire has not grown and is still at 5.2 acres.
Update: Tuesday 18, 6:00 pmAt 6:00 pm containment on the Long Hollow Fire is at 50% and some Photos have been added.
Update: Tuesday 18, 11:00 am
Numerous resources are on the fire constructing and improving fire-line. There's two type 2 crews along with several engines. Fire is now reported at 5.2 acres.
Fire Activity 8:00 am, 9/18
Long Hollow Fire
- Time Reported: 9/17/18 at 6:01 pm
- Size: 5.2 acres
- Location: Douglas County, South Platte Ranger District
- Jurisdiction: USFS, CO.
- Resources: Forest Service and multiple Douglas County cooperative resources. There were two Large Airtanker drops and two type 3 helicopters doing water drops.
- Containment: 100%
- Structures Threatened: N\A
- Evacuation: N\A
- Cause: Human / under investigation
- Fuels: Ponderosa Pine
This map is an approximate location