The #WilkersonFire is now 100% contained, one engine will be on the fire tomorrow. Fire received light precipitation today, a few smokes still visible on the incident.
Update: Monday 10:00 am
The #WilkersonFire has about 45 firefighters on scene consisting of USFS and Park County resources. The type 3 helicopter has been released. Resources engaged securing perimeter and mopping up hotshots.
Fire Activity 6:30 pm, 9/29
- Time Reported: 9/29/18 at 2:37 pm
- Size: 18 acres
- Location: Park County, South Park Ranger District, 8 miles West of Lake George, CO.
- Jurisdiction: USFS, CO.
- Resources: Forest Service type 3 helicopter, Type 1 Air Tanker, 2 SEAT’s and several engines and multiple Park County cooperative resources. Up to 70 firefighters committed to the incident
- Containment: 50%
- Structures Threatened:
- Evacuation: N/A
- Cause: Human / under investigation
- Fuels: Ponderosa Pine, shrubs and grass
This map is an approximate location