Time Reported: 5/23/2121 at 15:52 pm,
- Size: 1 acre, fire is creeping and smoldering
- Location: El Paso County, west of Colo Springs, CO. back side of Cheyenne Mt.
- Jurisdiction: USFS,
- Resources: USFS, CSFD and El Paso County, Type 3 Helicopter
- Containment: 100 % @ 11:00 am 5/25/2021
- Controlled: 5/27/2021 @ 4 pm for 1 acre
- Structures Threatened: N\A
- Evacuation: N\A
- Closures: none
- Cause: Lighting
- Fuels: Timber, mixed conifer
Update 5/25/21 12:40 pm
The #CheyenneFire was called 100 % contained at 11:00 am. Firefighters are putting out all hot shots (mopping up) within the perimeter.
Update 5/24/21 8:30 pm
All USFS, El Paso County and CSFD resources are off the #CheyenneFire in route to their duty stations. USFS crews will staff the fire in the morning.
Update 5/24/21 7:30 pm
Resources continuing to strengthen and improve fireline. Colorado Springs FD firefighters are released. Forest Service crews will be on the incident until 8:00 pm and will be returning in the morning,
Update 5/24/21 5:15 pm
The #CheyenneFire Incident Commander reported the cause to be lighting and is now 1 acre in size. Firefighters are currently constructing fireline to gain containment.
Update 5/24/21 4:44 pm
The #CheyenneFire is lees than a acre in size, with 30 firefighters committed to the incident. Firefighters are accessing the fire by foot and UTV's. There is a water resource near by and will be used to suppress the fire.